This week is Maths Week around the world and Mrs’ Creaner’s class were lucky enough to have a visit from Dr. David Malone, Maths Lecturer at Maynooth University, past pupil of St Columba’s and most importantly Dad of Caoimhín and Tiernach. Armed with a globe and a lap-top, David posed 5 questions to the students. Now it’s your turn. Remember, some of these questions may have a twist!
- Is the Earth closer to the sun in Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
- How many days are there in a year?
- How many hours are there in a day?
- How many minutes are there in an hour?
- How many seconds are there in a minute?
If you would like to check your answers talk to any of Mrs. Creaner’s pupils this week or, if you don’t get a chance to do this, check back on the website next week for David’s answers.